19 January, 2015

About Don Quijote

Last month I started reading the most important book of the Spanish culture, Don Quijote. The whole world know this book but a small number of persons read it from the beginning until the last pages.

I disovered my passion for the litterature last year and I have read a lot of good books, but I proposed a challenge myself and I chose Don Quijote de la Mancha because we all know that is a difficult book to read. But I have to say that I remained surprised after the first pages.

It's true that is a dense book, but when you start to read the ludicrous* adventures of the thin nobleman* you forget that Cervantes wrote these words in ancient Castilian and the novel floods you. This book is one of the most funny books I have read, there a lot of surrealist situations that make me smile and have a good time.

If you don't read it yet... It's time to do it!



*ludicrous: Absurd.
*Nobleman: "Hidalgo".

2 comments: