05 October, 2014

The meaning of my pseudonym

Oh, there you are!!

Well, problably nobody knows what the hell is "Algie", so in this post I'm going to explain it. 
All began the day that I borned... it's a joke. Do you know the band called Pink Floyd? It's a 60's rock band, they are active actually, but is not the same because only the guitarist and the drummer are the "official members". They get an album called Animals, in this album are a few songs but these are too long, and some are named "Dogs", "Sheep" etc... But my pseudonym is present in the song "Pigs on the wing" and in the album's cover:
In this photo we can see a coal-fired power station called Battesea powerstation (Very original) this factory is in London.
Do you see something strange? No, really? There is a flying pig between the fireplaces. Did you see now? Well, that pig called "Algie".
Since one year I called myself Algie in some websites and I thought correct choose this pseudonym here.
Why I choose called me like a flying pig? Aside the jokes like "hahaha you are a pig hahaha" that are so smart, I choose this name simply because I love Pink Floyd and Animals is one of my favourite albums.
Well, now you know something more about me. I hope which people who read this post and have a pseudonym like me, put in the comments what means it.
Thank You for read me!


Probably a lot of people think this about me after read this post:




2 comments:

  1. I love this entry because I am a big fan of Pink Floyd too. I might wear my Pink Floyd t-shirt (an homage to The Dark Side of the Moon) one of these days in class.

    Now, just a couple of corrections:

    *"Algie is the guilty" ONE or "Algie is to blame" or "This is Algie's fault" (because "guilty" is an adjective).

    * All began the day that I borned = everything began the day I WAS BORN.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the corrections Reme! I have also a The Dark Side of the Moon t-shirt. You'll check it.

    ReplyDelete